I considered being an affiliate of the 12 Minute Affiliate program in 2022 and in this review would like to share what I saw inside. In short, this review of 12 Minute Affiliate is going to show you the following things:
- What is the 12 minute affiliate program.
- Total Cost & variables
- Things I like.
- Things I don’t like.
- What does it cost to create your own affiliate site.
- My Recommendation
- Name: 12 Minute Affiliate.
- Owner: Devon Brown.
- Pricing: $9.95 for 14 days, and upsells which can total up to $912.00.
- What do you learn? Promoting affiliate offers via done for you methods.
- Does it work? It’s possible, but I’m very doubtful (You’ll see why).
- Is it a scam? No, but it has numerous things I don’t like.
What is 12 Minute Affiliate
12 Minute affiliate is a done for you affiliate system aimed at creating affiliate income and generating a list in the Make Money Online, Weight loss, and Personnel development niches. The $9.95 14 day trial gives you the option to select one of these three niches or you can pay more for all three niches. The product will automatically create the affiliate site with your affiliate details, and includes an opt-in form to create your list.
The system walks you through setting up your Clickbank account, connecting your autoresponder, adding the done for you e-mail sequence, adding affiliate funnel for selected niche. Once the details are added to the system, then the system will generate your affiliate site. There is options for system staff to create all aspects for you at a cost.
Once the site is created then it is ready to receive traffic. You can use any method you are familiar with to drive traffic to your site. The system offers user the option to purchase traffic to immediately drive.
Total cost and variables
- Opening offer $9.95 1 x Niche 14 day test drive
- OTO 1-3 x your results $39.00
- OTO 2 – Done for you setup $67.00
- OTO 3 – 1 Niche membership $47.00 month
- Additional Upsell 1 – 3 Niche membership $97.00 month
- Additional Upsell 2 – 1 Niche lifetime $397.00
- Additional Upsell 3 – 3 Niche lifetime $797
Monthly/Yearly minimum Options
- 1 niche site monthly is initial $9.95 then $47 a month plus traffic costs
- 1 Niche site lifetime is $9.95 then $397 no other site costs, just traffic costs
- 3 Niche sites Monthly is $9.95 then $97.00 a month plus traffic costs
- 3 Niche sites Lifetime is $9.95 then $797 no other site costs, just traffic cost
What else is needed
An autoresponder to deliver the e-mail sequence provided is required. The autoresponder is an additional cost, which can be free but usually starts around $15-$30 a month. If you are looking to build a lasting income stream then having a good autoresponder is essential for sustainable growth.
Things I like
- It’s true you can have an affiliate site up and ready for traffic in minutes if you have experience and all the additional stuff you will need. If you are a beginner then it will take much longer
- The affiliate model used in 12 minute affiliate is legit
- The creator is a real person that you can search online
- I like there is an easily available traffic source, no messing about with Facebook or google ADS
- There’s three niches to choose, Make Money Online, Health and Personnel development. This helps you focus, but
- I like that the e-mail swipes are provided as these can be a pain to create
- There is no hosting costs
- You have one Job drive traffic
- The list you build is yours
Things I Don’t like
- Your site is at the mercy of the creator, if they go belly up so does your business.
- You don’t own the site, you are in essence leasing the site from the owner.
- I said I liked the traffic but you have no idea where the traffic comes from, what keywords were used to acquire the list from and if it will convert. Note any traffic source even paid ads is similar, there is always a risk.
- You have no idea the quality of the affiliate products.
- There is no auto responder built into the system, you will need another service to do that.
- I think the cost is high for essentially giving you a done for you affiliate site, which is automated by the company, and they pay 50% commission.
- There is no training on how to create your own traffic source paid or free.
What does it cost to setup your own affiliate site
Initial investment to build you own asset is less than $50 but this would require you to do all the work of building and creating content, and driving free traffic. This is not the approach if you want something up and running fast. If you want to build a niche affiliate site that’s yours that has 6 Keyword focused 1500 word articles and 10 keyword focused 350 to 500 word blog posts at least 1 image and 1 video per article and post then that will range in cost starting at $376 and going up past $616 and more depending on the quality.
Affiliate site Cost Breakdown
No matter what type of affiliate marketing you do at some point you will need to spend money, and the reason for this is if you buy a done for you or free system you never truly own the work and that is a risk to your income. Now if you are okay with the risk that’s fine but if you want something that is yours then these are an indication of your initial costs:
- domain name, normally in the $5 to $25 range
- hosting, ranges from $3 to $7 a month for shared hosting and is normally charged annually
- autoresponder, start at free then scale $15-$20 a month for a small e-mail list
- content creation (if you cant do it), Cheap 3-450 word posts can be got for $5, reasonable quality 1500 word articles can be acquired for $30
- Image paid service can be as little as $1 per image with the right offer.
- Video service – can be as low as $5 but generally $20 plus
- traffic acquisition. This one is tricky, because there is different levels of quality for different niches. In the MMO niche can be thousands of dollars and no guarantee of a result.
If you a beginner and want to get a feel for affiliate marketing, dissect the elements of an affiliate site and get the e-mail sequence, the $9.95 is not bad value. If you are time and experience poor then paying $47 a month and learning how to drive free traffic while building a list is not bad value. The problem however is your only asset is your list, you have no control of the website, which is good and bad. You have no ability to change the site if it does not convert.
If you want to see how you would go at affiliate marketing and gain experience then this is not a bad way to gain experience. It is unlikely that you will make significant income inside 6 months because most new people are not consistent with driving traffic to your website. Traffic is the life blood of any website and each method to drive traffic takes time to learn.
If you have some experience with affiliate marketing then my recommendation is to choose a niche and create your own site and list.
12 Minute Affiliate Review – Conclusion
While you can get a site set up very quickly with this system, it’s not recommended. Your best option is to learn the elements of affiliate marketing specially how to drive traffic. Keyword specific traffic is the secret sauce to success, get this element right and you can pretty much write your own check.